When people think of paneer, they tend to think of its application in savory dishes. But the neutral flavor and soft texture of this cheese also lends itself to sweet applications. Case in point, this simple, fantastic paneer dessert that comes together in less than thirty minutes.
Start with grilling some peaches and a block of paneer. In the meantime, you prepare a very simple honey cardamom syrup to drizzle on top. Finish with crunchy pistachios and the dessert is complete.
Recipe: Grilled Paneer & Peaches with Honey Syrup and Pistachios
- 6 oz paneer, I recommend Sach paneer; for other store-bought paneer, soak in warm water for 15 minutes then drain before using to soften.
- 1 peach, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- A pinch of ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp pistachios, roughly chopped
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium heat and grill paneer and peach halves until distinctive marks appear and fruit/paneer softens slightly, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Alternatively, grill fruit and cheese on a cast iron grill pan indoors at high heat for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- In the meantime, combine honey with 2 tablespoons of water and cardamom in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds until the honey melts and stir to combine. Set aside.
- To prep the dessert, arrange the paneer and peaches on a plate. Cut peach halves in half for easier eating. Drizzle the honey syrup on top and garnish with pistachios.